Easy Home Remedies For Treating Cold
At any season in the whole year, a common issue faced by everyone we can count it from and newborn to old age is “COLD”. Generally cold is caused by a virus so, that indicates that the antibiotic is not an effective treatment for instant relief. Cold is this much common that an adult can expect a cold twice a year (according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)).
Generally cold is not dangerous but it can make people suffer like hell. A lot of antibiotics are available in the market for its cure, but the best solutions and the best results are only through home remedies. And fortunately, most of the home remedies don’t cause any side effects, so even if they give limited help, at least they will not do any harm.
Home remedies will not promise a speedy recovery but they will for sure help in feeling better. A report states that people tend to experience cold symptoms for almost 8-10 days. Complication of cold can include an ear infection or sinus infection or a headache. So if the cold lasted for more then 12-14 days it would be good for everyone to look out for a doctor.
Consider the following:
- Gargling with warm water: This old time remedy can ease a sore throat, which is the basic symptom of a cold. But we need to be careful with the hotness of water. It should be warm so that it doesn’t burn your throat. You can add one teaspoon of salt or you can add lemon and honey in it too.
- Intake of Fluids: Drinking plenty of fluid will help in dehydration. Water is the best but we can also take some juices or tea. But keep in mind don’t drink very cold juice or water. Hot soup especially spicy soups are the best to promote nasal drainage and will help to breathe easier.
- Steam: Steam helps in soothing the tissues of the nose and throat. Breathing in steam may decrease nasal congestion and sinus pressure; the best way is to have a pot of boiling water and placing a towel over the head and breathing in the steam.
- Use a humidifier: A humidifier or cool mist vaporizer helps in decreasing cold symptoms, such as a sore throat, cough, and congestion. You can place it in the room (also in the child’s room) to add moisture to the home. We need to make sure to change the water daily and cleaning the unit as instructed by the manufacturer.
- Nasal Spray: Nasal spray can in clearing the clear the nasal cavity. Nowadays there are nasal sprays available for kids too. We need to take care of the intake of nasal spray to kids. It should not be more than one drop. Also always consult your doctors first.
- Ginger and Hone treatment: A research study published that Pediatrics suggested that giving honey before bedtime to kids can help to decrease a nighttime cough. Also, we can add a few drops of ginger to it. Be careful while giving it to kids. Also, Honey should not be given to newborns to the age of 1.
All the above-mentioned home remedies that work for an adult can also be used with a child but under supervision. We should not give aspirin to children; Research shows that aspirin may trigger the development of the illness in some children. We can take care of kids also by having some additional prevention, “Because Prevention is the Best Cure”
- Always try to make kids wash their hands: Virus can also live on hands so regular hand wash is the best way to keep the cold away.
- Keep the immunity Strong: If immunity is strong it increases the chances of fighting off the germs.
- Eat well / Sleep well: Plenty of sleep, healthy food, or exercises are the important ways to be healthy and strong.
- Use Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is the best option when you can’t find soap outside. General hand sanitizer contains alcohol but tries to buy which has not alcohol because they will be good for kids too.
- Don’t Share Germs: When you find that someone has a cold, try to take precautions while coming in contact with the cold infected person.
Cold cannot be called as dieses, but still, we need to make sure we are taking full prevention. Because a single cold can make a person feel miserable.
Can I just say what a reduction to find someone who actually is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know the way to carry a problem to gentle and make it important. More individuals have to learn this and understand this facet of the story. I cant believe youre no more common since you definitely have the gift.